The Costa Blanca’s tourist capital and the Mediterranean’s equivalent of New York! Like it or dislike it, Benidorm is a must see for everyone, even if it is just so that you can say ‘I’ve been there’! It is one of the easiest places in the world to relax and simply do nothing! Over recent years Benidorm has been transformed into a major tourist destination.
Benidorm has two glorious beaches, Poniente and Levante, both of which are backed by beautiful promenades as well as a small marina. The bustling, historic old quarter is well worth a visit and in particular the three plazas of Santa Ana, Castelar and Castell from which there are breathtaking views of both beaches and the impressive skyline. The old town, twice weekly market, and the ‘out of town’ mall offer the avid shopper more than enough choice. The three golf courses range from a championship 18 hole to a 9 hole pitch and putt and not to be forgotten are theme, water and animal parks to visit. There is an incredible selection of entertainment and excitement for people, including cabaret shows, nightclubs and every type of bar you could wish for from sophisticated to Irish. A wide range of restaurants of all nationalities from A La Carte to Spanish tapas and the inevitable English breakfast!
Places of interest and ideas of things to do in Benidorm
- Old Town: characterful narrow streets of the old town with stunning plaza at the top beside the church.
- Promenade: two long beach front promenades.
- Beaches: two fabulous beaches eitherside of the old town.
- Marina: small marina beside old town from where boats depart to Benidorm island and Isla Tabarca.
- Market: large Wednesday and Sunday mornings.
- La Marina: indoor shopping mall with bowling alley.
- Benidorm Palace: live shows with topless dancers.
- Theme and Water Parks: Terra Mitica, Terra Natura, Mundomar and Aqualandia.
- Golf Courses: Las Rejas Golf Course, Sierra Cortina Golf Course and Villaitana Wellness Golf and Business Resort.
- Tram Station: take the tram north to Altea, Gata de Gorgos and Denia or south to Villajoyosa and Alicante.
Ideas of places to twin Benidorm with day or night
- There is more than enough in Benidorm to keep everyone happy for a day or two! Many people spend the entire winter here whilst others choose Benidorm for their two week summer holiday year after year.
- Spend the day relaxing on the beach, then after a siesta party the night away at any of the many venues which offer live music or comedy, for something a little more sophisticated try the Benidorm Palace.
- Spend the day at any of the theme parks, then relax in the evening with a stroll along either of the long beach front promenades.
- Escape for the day and take the tram north to Altea, Gata de Gorgos or Denia or south the Villajoyosa or Alicante to discover more of the delights that the area has to offer.